Financial & Legal Services
Simple & Living Wills for Bloom Township Residents
Appointments are offered for senior citizen residents of Bloom Township to receive services for a Simple and Living Will with a volunteer attorney. Appointments are scheduled for a consultation along with a follow up appointment to sign and notarize the documents. This service is available to Bloom Township residents only. Contact Senior Services for dates and times for appointments. Should you live outside of the Bloom Township area, please see available services below with CDEL.
Bloom Township is a Senior Legal Assistance Clinic in cooperation with the Center for Disability and Elder Law (CDEL). CDEL was founded in 1984 by the Chicago Bar Association to provide legal services, pro bono, to low-income residents of Cook County who are either seniors and/or persons with disabilities. CDEL focuses its legal services on issues which have a significatnt impact on the people we serve, such as:
- Estate and end of life planning
- Financial exploitation and abuse
- Financial matters
- Including collections and consumer fraud
- Including Powers of Attorney
- Living Will Declarations and simple wills
If you would like to request legal assistance through the Bloom Township Senior Services clinic, please:
- Call CDEL at 312-600-6407 and leave a message with your name and phone number
- CDEL will call you back to get more information so that they can determine if you are eligible for services and learn more about the legal issue you are having
- If CDEL is able to assist you, they will schedule an appointment for you to come to the Bloom Township clinic so that you may meet with an attorney and discuss your legal issue
- If CDEL is not able to assist you, they will provide a referral to another organization of service which may be able to provide legal assistance to you
Free Income Tax Service
AARP Tax-Aide, an AARP Foundation program, helps low- to moderate-income taxpayers have more discretionary income for everyday essentials, such as food and housing, by assisting with tax services and ensuring they receive applicable tax credits and deductions.
AARP Tax-Aide is available free to taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those 55 and older. Through a cadre of trained volunteers, AARP Tax-Aide has helped low- to moderate-income individuals for more than 40 years in every state.
This service is available through Senior Services every year beginning in February and running to April 15. An appointment is required and they fill up fast so make your appointment early.